Montegrappa pays tribute to boxing legend Muhammad Ali with the exclusive "Icons Tribute to Muhammad Ali" pen. His talent, his skill and the path of his career introduced monumental changes in the sport of boxing, and the way it is perceived. It remains so to this day. As a celebrity boxer with fame that surpassed all who had fought before, Muhammad Ali extended his influence beyond the
arena. His stance against the Vietnam War, his conversion to Islam, his litany of eminently-repeatable quotes, his
comebacks: Muhammad Ali became a cultural force beyond the confines of boxing. In terms of his impact as a notable
personality of the 20th Century, he ranks as an icon of the highest standing and influence.
This limited edition pen also celebrates the important numbers of the boxing legends life, 1942 his birth year, the 61 meetings that he took part in, the 56 wins, and 37 knock-outs.
- Limited edition with only 1,942 sterling silver fountain pens available worldwide
- 18K gold nib engraved with a “raised arms” silhouette of the victorious boxer above the name “Ali”
- Sterling silver trim
- Finished in white pearlized resin with a black stripe running its length, the barrel bears the colors of Ali's boxing shorts
- The two circumferential black stripes at the end of the barrel represent the tops of Ali's socks
- The clip, with the signature Montegrappa trackball, takes shape in the seams of gloves
- The cap is inspired by a ‘punching bag’
- The top is designed like the diamond studded ring that Ali flaunted after winning the world title
- The head of the pen is inscribed with the words, "The Greatest of All Time"