Delta’s continuing commitment to celebrate the World's most enduring and unchanged cultures is realized in Tuareg, the first of the 2004 Indigenous Peoples series.
The Tuareg are known as “The Blue People” because the unique azure color of their garments sets them apart from other nomadic peoples of the desert. The Tuareg are Nomads who once traveled Western Africa in great caravans of camels controlling trans-Saharan trade for thousands of years until modern conveyances forced their influence. Today, the Tuareg have settled into sedentary towns that were once the epicenters of trade and power.
- Limited edition with only 1,830 pieces available worldwide
- 18K gold nib engraved with depiction of a Tuareg jewel
- Hand-formed acrylic resin in authentic Tuareg Blue
- Sterling silver trim
- Tridimensional solid silver ring on cap, decorated with Tuareg symbols
- Delta has forged the clip in the shape of the Tuareg Takouba (warrior’s sword) to celebrate the struggle to maintain one’s identity and cultural values even in the face of a mortal threat
- Lateral lever filled system