During the first decades of the 20th century, educated and politically active tribes from eastern central India started to use the Hindi/Sanskrit term "Adivasi". This word consists of "adi" (original) and "vasi" (inhabitant). The self-designated name "adivasi" corresponds with modern concept of "indigenous peoples".
- Limited edition with only 1,857 pieces available worldwide
- 18K gold nib engraved with a tribal figure
- Each pen is hand turned from solid bars of special mother of pearl resin in brown and green interweaved with red and ivory resin rings
- Solid sterling silver accents
- The three-dimensional clip is a representation of a typical tribal sculpture of the Sarangi
- Metal bands of the cap and barrel represent typical prints used in Adivasi garments