The new Fusion 82 may look like the traditionally handcrafted writing instruments from Delta - but it is so much more! The fountain pen holds the patent-pending Fusion nib - a revolution in design by Delta. The nib was developed to improve the efficiency of the fountain pen by enhancing the physical-chemical properties of ink within its assembly system.
The foundation of the Fusion nib is a steel alloy covered and decorated with a layer of precious 18K gold: the ink is made more viscous on the tip of the nib because the thermal conductivity of the precious metal plate will heat the underlying steel - the higher temperature makes the ink flow more smoothly. The combination of gold and steel on the flexible nib gives it a unique and appealing look. It is strong and durable for long writing sessions - much more so than solid gold nibs. Hence, the fountain pen is more precious and at the same time less expensive!
- Revolutionary Fusion nib enhances writing efficiency
- Steel alloy nib coated with 18K gold
- Due to thermal conductivity and higher temperatures ink flows more smoothly
- Durable nib for longer writing intervals
- Cap and barrel made from solid bars of resin and hand polished
- Cartridge or converter refillable