Delta commemorates the great Italian navigator and explorer, Amerigo Vespucci and and his namesake three-masted Italian Navy training ship, the Amerigo Vespucci. Amerigo Vespucci was best known for being the man America is named after. Vespucci was the first to identify the New World of North and South America as separate from Asia. The Amerigo Vespucci is a tall ship in Livorno, Italy that was first launched in February 1931. Only 931 individually numbered ballpoints, rollers, and fountain pens are available worldwide.
- Cap is made from the precious wood from the ship
- Barrel made of pearled black resin
- Hand worked and polished with bee and carnauba waxes
- Clip is shaped as the boatswain weasel
- Amerigo Vespucci’s name engraved around the central ring
- Clip and trim are in solid sterling silver with an aged finish