The Seaside Collection continues in the spirit of artistic mastery and the tradition of Old World craftsmanship by combining the centuries-old technique of guilloché with the art and expertise of hard enamel. The Seaside Collection is the first to incorporate four levels of guilloché on each collection piece. The four colors of translucent hard enamel in the Seaside Collection are accented with translucent white hard enamel and finished with Rhodium vermeil. The fifth Seaside Collection piece features translucent white on white hard enamel finished in a beautiful 18-kt. rose gold vermeil.
- Limited edition with 88 ocean blue pens available (including fountain pens and rollerballs)
- The oceanic design of the Seaside Collection requires four separate stages of engraving
- The entire body of the pen is first cut down to the level of the wave-patterned background, leaving the outlines of the shells and sand dollars in two levels of high relief
- The wave pattern is then engraved onto the remaining portion of the body of the pen
- The third stage of engraving applies the skeletal motif to the surface of each sand dollar
- Engraving the scallop pattern onto the shells is the fourth and final engraving stage