The Black Water Snake is a limited edition pen collection from David Oscarson and is a follow-up to the 2012 Black Water Dragon. Dating back to 3000 BC, the Chinese Snake represents rebirth. It rides on the glory of the Dragon and can bring great achievements and success. The Year of the Snake is every 12 years and the Chinese calendar says 2013 is a strong Water year. The color of Water in the Chinese Astrology Five Elements System is related to Black and that means 2013 is a Black Water Snake year.
- The Black Water Snake Translucent Royal Blue is limited to production of 88 pieces
- Crafted from .925 sterling silver
- Intricate design incorporates multiple levels of diamond-cut guilloché engraving
- Translucent royal blue and opaque black hard enamel is repeatedly kiln-fired and filed by hand
- The ancient Chinese symbol for Snake is inlaid in opaque black hard enamel on the top dome of the of the pen cap
- The ancient Chinese symbol for Water repeats horizontally in high relief around the top of the cap and bottom of the barrel
- The modern Chinese symbol for Water appears in opaque black hard enamel inlaid into the bottom end of the pen barrel