The Hippocratic Oath is an oath historically taken by physicians, physician assistants' and other healthcare professionals swearing to practice medicine ethically and honestly. It is widely believed to have been written by Hippocrates often regarded as the father of western medicine. It requires a new physician to swear upon a number of healing gods that he will uphold a number of professional ethical standards. It is under this foundation that Gianluca Vinciguerra, owner of the oldest pen shop, “La Tecnica di Salerno, Davide Scannapieco (graphic designer) author of the pen design and the artisans of Delta that the Hippocratica pen, an elegant and precious writing instrument, is born.
- Top of cap offers a carving portraying the first-recognized diploma in medicine awarded by the School of Medicine in Salerno and it is rhodium plated
- Clip portrays the Rod of Asclepius, which is a serpent-entwined rod wielded by the Greek god Asclepius, a symbol associated with healing and medicine
- Central ring is engraved with the word HIPPOCRATICA remembering the Hippocrates
- Turned by hand from solid bars of special red and blue resins
- All trimmings are in special metal alloy and are plated with precious rhodium
- Large capacity ink refill