The Trellis Collection continues in the spirit of artistic mastery and the tradition of Old World craftsmanship by combining the centuries-old technique of guilloché with the art and expertise of hard enamel. The Trellis Collection incorporates multiple levels of guilloché on each collection piece. The four colors of translucent hard enamel in the Trellis Collection are accented with opalescent white hard enamel and finished in 18-karat yellow gold and rhodium vermeil. The fifth Trellis Collection piece features opalescent white hard enamel accented in translucent black, finished in 18-karat yellow gold vermeil.
- Limited edition with 88 black and white pens (including fountain pens and rollerballs)
- The intricate pattern known as guilloché is a painstaking process which brings life and light to the surface of precious metals
- The “leaf and bud” motif of the Trellis Collection requires multiple stages of engraving
- The entire body of the pen is first cut down to the level of the guilloché pattern underneath
- The pattern is then engraved onto the background of the body of the pen, omitting the trellis, and leaf and bud designs which remain in high relief